The policy describes:
• Who I am;
• How I obtain and use the personal data for visitors to this website, and my business customers;
• Who has access to your personal data and what your rights are.
My policy is to keep the personal information I receive from this website completely confidential and used solely for internal purposes. I will not share your personal information with any other parties. Please review this policy carefully.
This policy is effective from 6 March 2020.
This website is run by myself, Sharon Chapman. I run a mobile Reflexology and Reiki clinic, teach Reiki workshops and hold talks about my services.
I can be contacted on 077118255 or email@example.com regarding any questions with this policy. I am the controller of the personal data you provide.
The Purpose of Processing Client Data
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing reflexology and Reiki treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you. I take basic contact details and information via my website to allow me to contact you and handle bookings.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Federartion of Holistic Therapists, I abide by the FHT Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice.
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the FHT Confidentiality as defined in the FHT Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional reflexology and reiki treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing reflexology and reiki treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
• Your contact details
• Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
• Treatment details and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
Personal information gathered during duration of treatment will be kept in a folder which is secured in a locked cupboard at the clinic. To meet legal requirements personal data will be stored for eight years and deleted after then. All data is held in the UK.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical ,physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
• Appointment times
• Reflexology and Reiki information or information related to your health
• Special offers and promotions
(You may unsubscribe from this at any time)
• The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used
• The right of access:
To see your therapists records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it
• The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
• The right to erasure (also called the right to be forgotten)
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold on you.
• The right to restrict processing of personal data:
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
• The right to data portabilityinformation held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
• The right to object:
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at:www.ico.org.uk
• if you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
• Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
• Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
This policy was created on 6th March 2020
This policy is the first version.
Questions and feedback
I welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy.
Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Albans, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Copyright © 2020 heartwood healing - All Rights Reserved.